COVID-19: We’re here to help.
We here at MDCID are reaching out to all our colleagues during these unpredictable times to wish you good health and safe decisions.
We are working remotely to ensure that the profession is maintained, education continues, and processes are in place to remain strong during this pandemic and beyond.
Stay home, enjoy your family, and wash your hands!
The MDCID Board
Our Mission Statement
The purpose of the coalition is to advocate for the Interior Design Profession. We financially support our lobbyist who fights for our credentialing and the right to practice.
What is MDCID?
The Maryland Coalition of Interior Designers is a privately funded, self-sustaining, volunteer organization that represents, promotes and informs the positions of the Interior Design community. It is a unified voice for practicing interior designers regardless of affiliation. We closely monitor current and future legislation that may have an effect on our profession.
Through years of hard work we have earned the right to stamp and sign our drawings due to our experience, education and examination to protect the health, safety and welfare of the public.
By becoming a member/sponsor your support enables us to not only inform the public of our knowledge of building codes, critical and creative thinking, communication and technology for the purposes of improving the quality of life, increasing productivity and protecting the health, welfare and safety of the public, but also:
- Cover the annual cost of our lobbyist at the state level. Our sunset may not be until 2024 but it is fast approaching.
- Support pertinent legislation.
- Promote and maintain our official website.
- Attend the monthly Maryland Certified Professionals meeting in Annapolis – Architects, Engineers, Surveyors, Landscape Architects, Interior Designers and lobbyists meet to discuss current and upcoming legislation as it pertains to all of our professions.
- Offer valuable accredited CEU’s.
- Visit schools and educate future professionals.
- Receive our quarterly newsletter.
- Any member is free to attend any of our monthly meetings.
Please join us in our efforts.