Date(s) - 06/16/2021
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Please Join MDCID For The Annual 2021 ‘State of The Industry’ Event
Virtually Through Zoom
Wednesday June 16th
A panel of Industry Members will be discussing the coming ‘Sunset Review’ due to take place in 2022
What Sunset Means
The difference between the MD Title Act vs. License
Experiences from the last legislative review
What the industry needs to do to ensure the continuation of the current legislation
What is the lobbyist and practice perspective on how things are expected to play out in Annapolis
- Barbara Marx Brocato, Founder & President Barbara Marx Brocato & Associates – Lobbyist
- Daniel E. Shattuck, VP, Barbara Marx Brocato & Associates – Lobbyist
- Matthew Barusch, Government Affairs and Advocacy Manager · Council for Interior Design Qualification
- Katherine Richardson, CID, Former Director of Legislative Advocacy, MDCID
- Kelly Ennis, CID, Founding Principal, The Verve Partnership, former MDCID Board member, IIDA Mid-Atlantic Board Member
Pursuant to Maryland law, each board or commission is subject to a periodic “sunset review” by the Department of Legislative Services. The process is known as ‘Sunset’ because most of the agencies subject to review are also subject to termination. The State Board of Certified Interior Designers last underwent a preliminary evaluation as a part of sunset review in 2014 and was waived from full evaluation, continuing the law governing the Title act for certification of interior designers until 2024.
We look forward to seeing you virtually!
Have a question? Reach out to us.
DM us or email us at MDCIDInfo@gmail.com